Many people think of laughter at work as an interference or distraction. In reality, however, laughter increases productivity, and effectiveness and decreases absenteeism from physical and mental health problems. So enjoy – hoho, hahaha, heeheehee!
1. Laughter sounds the same across cultures.
The sound of laughter is so familiar that it is recognizable played backward.
2. Laughter helps us to bond with each other.
Laugh and the world laughs with you.
3. Laughter strengthens the body’s ability to fight disease.
Laughter increases the body’s ability to produce and release a bacteria and virus fighter.
4. Laughter fights stress!
Lowers the level of hormone called cortical produced during stress. Laughing at our mistakes is much less stressful than losing sleep over them.
5. Anyone can laugh anywhere, anytime.
Many of us can’t tell a joke and even if we could, not all humor is universal.
6. Laughter increases your energy level.
It is a natural pick-me-up, perhaps because while we are laughing we are increasing our intake of oxygen.
7. Laughter can lower your blood pressure.
People who tend to laugh at their own mistakes have a smaller rise in blood pressure than those who don’t in an embarrassing situation.
8. Laughter increases memory retention and creativity in problem solving.
9. Laughter is good exercise.
Laughing 100 times is equal to spending 10 minutes on a rowing machine or 15 minutes on a stationary bike.
10. Laughter is very attractive!
A sense of humor is the number 1 romantically attractive trait.
This piece was originally submitted by Barrie Zucal, MS, LMFT,
Filed under: Uncategorized |